[SI-LIST] Re: SPICE or IBIS

  • From: "Ken Willis" <kwillis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <steve.nguyen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 04:13:53 -0800

Hi Steve,

Do you use SPECCTRAQuest? SQ allows you to write subcircuit-based
MacroModels for drivers and receivers, which leverage the basic
IBIS data you often get. You can model advanced effects like driver
pre-emphasis and receiver equalization pretty easily. The key
to doing this is to get some basic working examples from which to
start. We have given such examples to a couple of early customers
recently with great success. They were able to overlay their transistor-
level SPICE results (for pre-emphasis drivers), and get simulation times
that were several hundred times faster, using SPECCTRAQuest vs. their
transistor-level SPICE.

We will be posting a small downloadable library of these advanced
MacroModel
examples in the next few days on http://www.specctraquest.com/ to help
people get started. If you are stuck in the meantime and can't wait,
please
contact me off-line.

thanks,

Ken Willis