[SI-LIST] Re: SMA Connectors

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: padma gundala <pgundala2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 18:07:33 -0400

Padma

The Molex connector was one that I had George Hubbard design for me back
in 2004, when he worked at Molex.  It takes a precision flange mount
design and incorporates a built in beryllium copper pin that forms a
signal contact with pad on a PCB.  It was designed specifically to be a
low return loss connector for precision measurements.

The Samtec flange mount connector is designed to be a low cost
connector, similar to other standard SMA flange mount connectors in the
industry.  The Samtec boys in Harrisburg can give you any information
about it that you desire.  Depending on your application, it may meet
your needs.

regards,

Scott

padma gundala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone know the technical reason why one costs $40 and the other $3.75
>
> Molex SMA Jack/connector :P/N 73251-1850       $40
> and
> Samtec SMA Jack :P/N SMA-J-P-H-ST-PN4       $4
> Both are 50ohms, Samtec rates 12.5 GHZ.
>
> Any inputs from people who have experience using any of the above
> is appreciated.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Padma

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: