[SI-LIST] [SI-List]: Rj addition for across bandwidths

  • From: vinod ah <ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI-LIST <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:21:21 +0530

Hi,
I am doing stressed eye calibration for PCIe2 Rx Jitter tolerance test.

We need to calibrate Rj at 2 different bandwidths i.e. from 10KHz to 1.5MHz
and 1.5MHz to 10MHz as per CEM spec.

For 10KHz to 1.5MHz , Rj is set to 3ps rms while 1.5MHz to 10MHz Rj is set
to 1.4ps rms. I am also adding Dj of 57 ps.

So out  of 200 ps (5Gbps), jitter at BER 10^-12 is 3.31*14.06 + 57 =
103.5ps.
3.3ps rms for Rj is based on rms of 3ps and 1.4ps.

But i see that measured jitter is 85ps (85ps corresponds to 2ps rms Rj with
Dj being 57ps and BER is 10^-12).

Note that i am not using any clock recovery circuit to measure Rj in BERT
as clock recovery units will track out the jitter.

So i am feeling that my total Rj calculation has some issues. Can please
help me understand Rj addition across bandwidths.

Regards
Vinod A H

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: