[SI-LIST] Re: SI software for Cadence

  • From: "Hargin, Bill" <bill_hargin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'richard.moffat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <richard.moffat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:45:59 -0700

Hi Richard:

I saw that several people responded to this, but wanted to clarify the
HyperLynx/Mentor question.  HyperLynx is currently focused on SI, basic timing,
crosstalk, and EMC analysis, and will read in an Allegro board just fine ...
It's the product's oldest board translator.  A few other integration/board
translation facts that are little-known by non users include the fact that
HyperLynx BoardSim works fine off of placed but not routed Allegro boards using
Manhattan routes, and the fact that a "QPL" (Qualified Parts List) file can be
set up on the network to automatically map IBIS models to commonly used Part
Names/Numbers.  Though not developed by Cadence, the compatibility is pretty
strong, and continues to be improved over time.

Bill Hargin
Mentor Graphics Corp.
Systems Design Division
High-Speed Tools