[SI-LIST] SI Conferences and Workshops - and Journals -- Summary

  • From: "Buchs, Kevin" <buchs.kevin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 13:37:40 -0600

SI Community,
=20
I couple of weeks ago I sent out a survey to determine what conferences,
workshops and journals pertained to SI work.  Critieria included
professional confereces/journals that are peer-reviewed in the US.  I
received a few replies that added some items to the list I had started
with.  What follows are my updated lists as a summary of the responses I
received at the top.  The additions are all products of the IEEE EMC
Society.  Thank you to those who sent in suggestions.

Kevin Buchs   Mayo Clinic  200 1st St. SW  Rochester, MN 55901
buchs.kevin@xxxxxxxx  507-538-5459 http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg
=20
Journals:
+ IEEE Tran. On Electromagnetic Compatibility
- IEEE Tran. Adv. Packaging
- IEEE Tran. Microwave Theory and Techniques
- IMAPS Journal of Microelectronics and Electronic Packaging

Conferences and Workshops:
+ IEEE EMC Symposium.  When: July-August (next Aug 18-22, 2008),
Where: Varies (Hawaii, etc.; next Detroit. http://www.emc2008.org/
(parent organization is IEEE EMC Society - http://www.emcs.org/)=20
* Nth Topical Meeting on Electrical Performance of Electronic
Packaging (EPEP)  When: October; Where: varies.  http://www.epep.org
* FDIP  Future Directions in IC and Package Design Workshop  When:
October; Where: varies.  This preceeds the EPEP in same
location. Sponsored by IEEE CPMT Society.=20
* DesignCon  When: February; Where: Santa Clara,
CA. http://www.designcon.com.=20
* Electronic Components and Technology Conference  When: May ,
Location: varies. http://www.ectc.net/
* Int'l Microelectronics and Packaging Society (IMAPS)  When: Fall,
Where: varies.  http://www.imaps.org=20
* IMAPS Device Packaging  March;  Scottsdale, AZ;
http://www.imaps.org/devicepackaging/=20
* IEEE LEOS Nth Annual Workshop Interconnections within High-Speed
Digital Systems (HSD)  When: May; Where: Santa Fe, NM.=20
http://www.ieee.org/organizations/society/leos/LEOSCONF/HSD2007/hsd2007.
htm
* IEEE MTT-Society International Microwave Symposium  When: June; Where:
Location Varies.  http://www.mtt.org
* PCB Design West  When: March 7-11, 2005; Where: Santa Clara, CA.
http://www.pcbdcon.com=20
* PCB Design East  When: October 10-14, 2005; Where: Manchester, NH.
http://www.pcbeast.com=20
* ICCAD  When: Nov 7-11, 2004; San Jose, CA.  http://www.iccad.com
showcases electronic design technology and automation.=20
* Design Automation Conference (DAC)  When: June; Where: Location
Varies.  http://www.dac.com=20
* SPI - IEEE Workshop on Signal Propagation on Interconnects When:
May; Where: Europe.   http://www.spi.uni-hannover.de/ (ok, this isn't
US, it is on my "dream list")=20

My original question:
A component of my workgroup's role is to provide research benefit to the
industry.  In order to enable this, I seek to maintain a list of
conferences and workshops where we may have papers presented.  These
conferences must be independent of a company and offer peer review of
our work.  We are pratically restricted to those held in the U.S.
Following my signature is my current list.  I am interested if this
community has other suggestions of conferences currently having SI
content or those that *should* have it.
=3D20
While I'm at it, I might just ask, are there peer-reviewed journals that
you would add to this list?
- IEEE Tran. Adv. Packaging
- IEEE Tran. Microwave Theory and Techniques
- IMAPS Journal of Microelectronics and Electronic Packaging

Feel free to share either privately with me or with the group.  I'll
plan on summarizing my updated list to this email list after about a
week of input.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: