[SI-LIST] Re: Remove ground plane under connector pads?

  • From: "Lee " <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jonathan.lloyd.riley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 09:41:02 -0800

From tests we have made, removing ground from underneath the mounting pads
of capacitors is not worth doing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott McMorrow
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2014 5:36 PM
To: jonathan.lloyd.riley@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; Jim Nadolny ; michael.p.brownell@xxxxxxxxx ;
andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: Remove ground plane under connector pads?

The answer is. It depends. The ultimate solution is to promise with a 3D EM
tool like HFSS. But a good first approximation for most commercial boards
with thin dielectrics with plane on layer 2 is to create an antipad on
layer 2 that is ate same size as the pad. It will not be optimal, but it
will help.
Scott

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: