[SI-LIST] Re: Regarding RF circuit (Communicationof Tx/Rx Problem)

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Prabhakar Mohan <Prabhakar_Mohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 02:11:21 -0700

Have you determined that your transmit power is within norms and consistent?
Have you determined that your receive power in a nominal configuration
is within norms and consistent?

Your design may well be very marginal and the boards that work simply
have better receivers than the ones that do not work.

Steve
Prabhakar Mohan wrote:
> HI All,
> We have designed a wireless Product which works at short range (i.e. 10 to 15
> meters) distance.
>
> We are using a CC430F61xx series Microcontroller which as inbuilt RF section.
> The RF works at 868 MHz; the Balloon circuit is matched as per reference
> schematics and terminated with PCB antenna.
>
> And Now the Problem:
>
> We configured one board has a continuous transmitter and the other board as
> receiver. And we monitored the communication by using a LED in both the
> boards.
>
> One board is not working properly... i.e. the communication is not happening
> between the boards. ( ie when we configured the board as transmitter mode and
> even in receiver mode )
>
> Five boards are working Fine except one.
>
> This where the tests done before I wrote this mail:
>

> 1.       Checked the Continuity from Microcontroller (RF_P, RF_N) pin till
> antenna chip.
>
> 2.       Replaced the Microcontroller.
>
> 3.       Checked the RF components  ( balloon circuit )
>
> 4.       Checked for any PCB shorts in RF section.
>
> 5.       Could see the Transmitted Pulse appearing @ 868 MHz by using
> Spectrum analyzer in both working and not working boards.
>
> Thanks for your Help in Advance
> Prabhakar

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net