[SI-LIST] Reflection around threshold point

  • From: "Andrew Seddon" <andrew.seddon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:44:22 +0100

Hi,

I was wondering if you guy's had any techniques to combat signal distortion
that occurs around the switching threshold point?

I'm currently simulating a active low memory strobe that is fine on
under/overshoot but has a plateau and small oscillation fairly near the
switching point of the device. As it's a strobe there shouldn't be any
problem with double clocking or anything like that and the timing is loose
enough to tolerate an ambiguous strobe point.

However I'm slightly concerned about any other effects that this might have?
I've tried various termination strategies which seem to help, but the
primary effect seems to be because of an un-avoidable impedance
discontinuity (ref plane change and connector).

My feeling is that this distortion is acceptable, but I wondered if I was
missing anything?

Cheers,

Andrew

List FAQ wiki page is located at: