[SI-LIST] Question about transistors.

  • From: "Jomesh P A" <jomeshpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:59:41 +0530

Hi experts,Sorry, its not exactly an SI Question, but can anybody help me?I
have a doubt in the specifications of a transistor. The datasheet says an
absolute maximum collector current of 1A.  But if we provide sufficient
cooling, can we use it to carry higher currents?  Also, the datasheet says the
transistor has an hfe of 25 for IC = 150mA and VCE = 2V. To design a switch
using this transistor with a load of approximately 1A, what could be the best
Bdc to assume???Thanks in advance.Jomesh

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: