[SI-LIST] QLOGIC Ref. Designs

  • From: Kamran Azizi <azizi_kamran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:06:11 -0800 (PST)

Any body from Qlogic that I can ask some questions on their high speed
reference board designs?  I need some immediate help

  Thank you,

  Kami,

---------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:47:40 +0100
From: "Ing. Giancarlo Guida" <gianguida@xxxxxxxx>
To: hassan@xxxxxxxx
Cc: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: Package SI vs PCB SI
Sender: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Hassan,
to my opinion there are  at least 2 good reason that explain your statement.

SI simulation accuracy depends on 2 factor:
1) accuracy of the model for the interconections
2) accuracy of the model fo the I/O Buffer

it is quite clear that when the data-rates become critical it is
necessary to use a 3D full wave approach in the
interconnect models

I think that tools like the ones you mention does not have such 3D
solver because they are
dedicated to post-layout analysis of the entire PCB and the usage of an
heavy 3D solver would be beyond their application area.

May be a similar argument could be used to explain the need to use spice
model for the I/o buffer instead of the ibis model...but I am not an
expert in this area.

Regards

Giancarlo

List FAQ wiki page is located at: