[SI-LIST] Re: Pulse current handling capability of PCB

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jack Olson <pcbjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:18:39 -0700

Jack it boils down to:  Maintaining a reasonable current to avoid
deplating, and keeping the copper from getting too hot too fast.
100W/sqin @ 1 oz is about 13C rise every 10ms.  Up to about 1ms that
holds the temperature rise under a couple degrees C in a short time is
not a problem.

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC

Teraspeed Consulting Group
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Teraspeed Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane
Beaverton, OR 97008
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax
A Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC Partner

http://www.teraspeed.com

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
IPBLOX LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: