[SI-LIST] Re: Problem in converting IBIS2XTK

  • From: Mike LaBonte <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ramesh.Reddy@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:54:25 -0400

Ramesh,

When two IBIS simulators show significant differences for the same
IBIS data, I suspect a mismatch between the V/I curves and the
Rising and Falling waveforms first. If ibischk3 gives you warnings
about this, that probably explains the difference.

Mike Mayer is right about ibis2xtk removing points. It does a
good job of this, in that the filtered curve overlays the original
almost perfectly, to the human eye. The simulated waveforms will
also look good visually. The effects of this filtering only show
up in the high end of the frequency spectrum, where the smaller
V swings are now seeing smaller dI/dV changes with the filtered
data. Unless you look at the FFT, or are doing crosstalk analysis,
you will not see the difference. But you don't really know if the
original V/I data had those small perturbations characterized
correctly anyway.

Mike LaBonte

Ramesh.Reddy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all
> I have a problem  while converting IBIS to quad model.
> I am using XTK tool for simulation, I require IBIS model to be converted in to
> quad.
> While converting IBIS to quad model, some points in the VI curve are missing
> in
> the quad model i.e all the VI points that are in IBIS Pull Down are not in
> quad
> Model_LOW.
> But while converting same IBIS in to dml(Specctra quest) ,all the VI points
> are
> present.
> I am getting different waveforms for dml model in Specctra quest and for quad
> model in XTK.
> How to get all the points in quad model?
> Please suggest me how to overcome this.
>
> reagrds
> ramesh

> List archives are viewable at: