[SI-LIST] Re: Power delivery model with real GND ports ?

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haller, Motti" <motti.haller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:09:58 -0800

I think the problem is with your customer's concept of ground.  Your PDN
is going to exhibit voltage drops from wherever you define your
reference Vdd and Vss points.  If you attach node 0 connections in more
than one place you will in effect short out parts of your model and it
will not report correct results.

If you just want voltage measurements referenced to SPICE node 0 for
convenience, insert E elements for those measurements.

Steve

Haller, Motti wrote:
> Hi
> Does anyone know how to create a power delivery model without losing the GND
> ports?
>
> My end user want to have the gnd/vss (in & out) ports not embedded as ref but
> as real ports.
>
> (can be touchstone / spice or RLGC).
>
> If I use this gnd source/sync port as ref. How does the gnd resistance and
> inductance reflects into the VCC* ports/nets.
>

> Thanks
> Motti

> Intel Israel (74) Limited

> List technical documents are available at: