[SI-LIST] Re: Power Integrity Book Recommendation

  • From: Ken Wyatt <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 13:29:37 -0600

Hi Al,
I agree, Steve’s book is excellent. I reviewed it for InCompliance Magazine
here:

http://incompliancemag.com/article/book-review-power-integrity-by-steven-sandler/

Cheers, Ken

_______________________

I'm here to help you succeed! Feel free to call or email with any questions
related to EMC or EMI troubleshooting - at no obligation. I'm always happy to
help!

Kenneth Wyatt
Wyatt Technical Services LLC
56 Aspen Dr.
Woodland Park, CO 80863

Phone: (719) 310-5418

Email Me! <mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> | Web Site
<http://www.emc-seminars.com/> | Blog <http://design-4-emc.com/>
The EMC Blog (EDN) <http://www.edn.com/blog/The-EMC-Blog>
Subscribe to Newsletter <http://www.emc-seminars.com/Newsletter/Newsletter.html>
Connect with me on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kennethwyatt>

On Sep 2, 2015, at 10:08 AM, Alfred P. Neves <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been thinking about marketing a Channel Modeling platform for PDN
analysis, measurement to simulation correspondence focus using ADS, HFSS type
of tools, so I have been hitting the latest material on the subject to
inspire ideas and bone up on my PDN signal integrity theory, so…

Just got a copy of Steven M. Sandlers book on “Power Integrity: Measuring,
Optimizing, and Troubleshooting Parameters in Electronic Systems” and
although I have not yet read the entire book, I see it as a vital resource
book for practical PDN signal integrity measurement analysis.

What I specifically like is each section not only outlines the measurement
method but the Pro’s, Con’s and also provides Tips and Tricks, even
including pictures of actual set-ups. The Test Instrument section is a
great overview of PDN measurement capitol equipment for a complete lab. WRT
mostly deals with people engaged in high frequency SI (crosstalk,
reflections, 32Gbspec, etc.) , and where to start in building a SI lab is
always a challenging problem.

WRT is planning on creating a list of recommended or liked signal integrity
books and seminal papers. This is definitely going on the list. It even
includes a cool pic of a dragon in the acknowledgement section, which I
intend on stealing for our presentations!

- Al Neves

Products for the Signal Integrity Practitioner

Alfred P. Neves
Chief Technologist

Office: 503-679-2429

www.wildrivertech.com <http://www.wildrivertech.com/>