[SI-LIST] Re: PRBS Data patterns

  • From: "Greim, Michael" <mgreim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx'" <whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx>,m.randol@xxxxxxxxxxxx, si_list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:11:42 -0500

Hi,

The increase in jitter with the longer string
is expected behavior due to the increase in freq
content and the bandwidth of the interconnect,
otherwise known as inter-symbol interference or
ISI jitter.  The fact that you see errors in low
to high transition rather than the high to low,
may be a function of asymetric drive of your driver.

best regards,

Michael Greim