[SI-LIST] Re: PCI Express CLB compliance waveform

  • From: "Joel Brown" <joel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'David Palmer'" <dpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Peter zhu'" <yonghui.sky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:24:56 -0800

What I found out is the Intel 965 chipset we are using not PCIe compliant
according to Intel. Also it does not generate the compliance waveform as it
should. I also found that when I tested the 945 chipset it did generate the
proper waveform, but it also was not compliant because the signal level was
too high causing eye diagram violations. One might expect better from Intel.

Joel