[SI-LIST] OT: history and application examples for Bubba oscillator?

  • From: "Dixon, Adam" <Adam.Dixon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 08:38:57 -0500

One of my sons is a university EE student and he asked me about Bubba
oscillators.  I've never worked with them and my mid-80's college Op Amp text
doesn't mention them.  He's done quite a bit of online seaching and sees
applications mostly referenced for DC-to-AC power inverters and for resilience
to low frequency noisy signal sources (which I also see, now that he's made me
curious...).  He's breadboarded in lab and the lab report is to be in the form
of technical marketing literature as though his lab Bubba oscillator product is
being marketed.  I thought that there might be some si-list folks who have
worked with this type of phase shift oscillator and if you have any history
(origin of the name?), other application examples or references that might help
expand his reference materials for his labreport, I'd love to hear from you on
his behalf.  I searched the si-list archives as well without any favorable
posts.  Thanks for your consideration!
Regards,
Adam

List technical documents are available at: