[SI-LIST] Need help for Xtalk Problem

  • From: "Suresh.K" <sureshk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:10:00 +0500 (GMT+0500)

Hi Gurus,

I'm using 4mil trace width & 4mil clearance between traces and 50mil
via grid,so i have routed 2 traces between 2 via grids in my design,now
i have a doubt that in one of my Dual strip layer(let us consider
signal_3&Signal_4)

i have routed 2traces between 2 vias in Signal_3 and
one trace routed between the 2traces in signal_4,so now
the clearance between adjacent signal layer traces are null,

     SIGNAL_3  ------------------  4mil Trace(Data lines)

     SIGNAL_4  ------------------  4mil trace(Address lines)(4mil
                                   Clearance between signal_3 traces)

     SIGNAL_3  ------------------  4mil Trace(Data lines)

So if i route one Address trace(50MHZ) in SIGNAL_4,which is between 2Data
traces routed in SIGNAL_3,Will it cause any Crosstalk Problem?

If not,What is the maximum distance i can follow the path??

Welcome for Suggestions/Comments.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh.K
C-DOT,