[SI-LIST] Multi-board simulation for SODIMM analysis

  • From: Mohamed Khaleel <gotokhaleel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 19:33:25 +0530

Hello,
I am doing a multi board simulation to check the signal quality at the DDR3
ICs of SODIMM. We have two SODIMM modules connected to the processor. I am
using the Micron EBD model for the SODIMMs. I extracted an address signal
and I have the following 3 doubts.

The extracted topology is available in the following link.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7573090/SODIMM_Topology.pdf

or

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7573090/SODIMM_Topology.pdf

1. From the above topology, I could see that the Resistor network comes
first then followed by the individual DDR3 IC buffers. I thought the
Resistor network should be placed at the end. Please correct if I am
missing something.

2. The RN is assigned an IBIS model in the EBD model. Is this the way
Micron does the parallel termination model? Can I assume that resistor and
the VTT are taken into the IBIS model itself?

3. The board edge connector of SODIMM is called EBD_CN. Do we need to
assign a model for this? Or it is taken into consideration in the EBD model
itself?

Any help/suggestion will be helpful. Thanks.

Regards,
Khaleel

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net