[SI-LIST] Modeling questions

  • From: <TerenceHsieh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:47:33 +0800

Dear all
I have some questions about using IConnect to model lossy line.

1. After modeling a lossy line, I check the lossy line.cir file.

   The first several lines were marked and have parameters values
descript just the same as

   optimization compute result and there is a W-element model at the
end.

   Following is a section of the content.

* Parameters: Rdc=2.39, Gdc=70.6u, Rac=1.95u, Gac=5.82p, Linf=46.2n,
Cinf=9.62p

.MODEL Lossy_Line_3_Model W MODELTYPE=RLGC N=1

+ Lo=4.62e-008

+ Co=1.156e-011

+ Ro=2.39

+ Go=7.06e-005

+ Rs=1.95e-006

+ Gd=7.76e-012

   Most of the values of the parameters are the same. However, Gac is
not equal to Gd and Cinf is not

   equal to Co. What's the reason to cause the difference?

2. When modeling a trace, we could use filter function to modify
incidence edge rate for actual system

   edge rate. However, the filter function is a math function to
re-calculate the waveform. We can't use

   the math wfm as a real incident signal to gain the transmission
waveform. If I have filter out the

   edge rate of input signal to 100ps and need the transmission
waveform. Is it correct to filter

   out the transmission waveform just the same way as input?

Best Regard

TerenceHsieh

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: