[SI-LIST] Micro-connectors

  • From: "Stephan Giesinger" <stephan.giesinger@xxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:32:45 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

I'm with a company that produces industrial plug-connectors, especially
fieldbus coonnectors to transfer information between field devices and
control cabinets, so for Profibus, Interbus, CANopen and so on.
In earlier times high data rates haven't been important for industrial
purposes, but a few years ago when transfer rates of data transmission
rised, we began to optimize our connectors with the objective of being able
to transfer these high data rates (until 100 MBit/s).
Now some guy had the idea to continue concentrating on data connectors,
especially the so called micro-connectors. An example for such a
micro-connector would be:

http://www.matsushita.de/home/www/catalogues/connector/download/en_ds_6520
3_0000.pdf

http://www.matsushita.de/ac/news.html?/home/www/catalogues/connector/de/co
nnector.php

I am not familiar with this kind of connectors, wherefore I've got some
questions:

1) What kind of standards / norms exist, which we have to meet and which
characteristics are the most important ?
For example our M12-round connector (as well as the typical
RJ45-connector)has got to comply with TIA 568B resp. ISO 11801 and the two
main characteristics are Return Loss and Near End Cross Talk (NEXT).

2) What kind of measurement devices do we need to verify the properties of
such a connector ?

I know that these questions are global verbalized, but I have to start
from one point, so I would be glad to obtain some answers.

Best regards, Stephan Giesinger

--
Sparen beginnt mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

List FAQ wiki page is located at: