[SI-LIST] Re: MATLAB for SI

  • From: "Lars Juul" <write2larsj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:04:31 +0200

 In addition to PERL, I think GNU Octave and Scilab deserve a mention,
they're free, somewhat documented, and I believe it's Octave whose own
language is supposed to be compatible with MATLAB syntax.
On the other hand, Scilab has a lot of toolboxes, and a SIMULINK style
simulator.

A simple search on Google should give you the download URLs for the
respective tools.

Lars

   - *From*: "Jerry Martinson" <jmartinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
   - *To*: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   - *Date*: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:08:02 -0700

I've recently used PERL/PDL for some ad-hoc stuff involving matrix
manipulations instead of MATLAB.  It has very powerful matrix
manipulation routines, the standard set of GNU math routines, and of
course, it is PERL so you can really hook it up to anything with ease if

you're fluent in PERL.  And, of course, the price is right. =20

I've never done anything with this but in the past several years there
have been substantial algorithmic improvements in handling and

simplifying very large inductance matrices such as INDUCTWISE and its
relatives.   It appears that it wouldn't be very difficult to port some
of these new tricks into PERL/PDL for but I don't know if there are

intellectual property roadblocks to doing so.  This could potentially be
very useful to PCB and package signal integrity simulation.  Fully
shrink-wrapped circuit simulators can be quite constraining for certain

problems.

From: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 <si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>]
=3D
On Behalf Of Leo Hu
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 6:41 PM
To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SI-LIST] MATLAB for SI

Dear All,
MATLAB is a famous and popular software, and I want to know how we can =

=3D
employ it in SI field. I mean what its function is when we regard it as
=3D
our one of SI analysis tool.

Shedding light on this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards!

Leo Hu (Hujin)

List technical documents are available at:

                http://www.si-list.net