[SI-LIST] Re: Losses - 2.5Gbps on FR4

  • From: "Dima Smolyansky" <Dima.Smolyansky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jeff_latourrette@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <dorin.oprea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:20:49 -0700

I have to agree with Jeff - with a couple of test traces, losses can be
extracted within seconds. See, for example, the paper on lossy line
simulation and analysis at our web site - www.tdasystems.com/support/. Most
relevant articles are Lossy Line Simulation and Analysis,
http://www.tdasystems.com/library/appnotes/siml-0203.pdf and Practical
Characterization of Lossy Transmission Lines Using TDR,
http://www.tdasystems.com/library/appnotes/loss0703.pdf

Thanks,

Dima Smolyansky
TDA Systems, Inc.