[SI-LIST] Loop filter

  • From: Roy M <roymesi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list all <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:25:35 +0300

Hey experts,
I'm desiging a synthesizer for RF mixer using Hittite components. Although
it's RF related, it's actually a filter question (maybe some RF guys can
help me too?).
The loop filter is used to determine the Vtune for the synthesizer (among
other things).
I've attached a pdf of the schematic of the loop filter. It's design is
given by Hittite.
I need some help regarding on how to analyze this filter. The problem is the
filter output is 15v fix. I guess there's a problem with its feedback (?)
which causes the op amp filter to go to highest possible value - but I'm not
sure on that.
I want to find its transfer function, and thru that - to find out what is
wrong.
Anyway, Given the values of C and R how do I start anaylizing this circuit?
I have some knowledge regarding op amps, but not so much about filters based
op amps.
Can anyone explain to me in short (or long ;o))) how do I anaylze it?
Thanks,
Roy

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net