[SI-LIST] Re: Jitter on serial data buses

  • From: Mike Li <mli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ronusoalii@xxxxxxxxxxxx, damonjbowser@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 12:58:48 -0500

Ron:

At the end of the day, whether you think, believe, like, or dislike that
jitter is a dominant problem for serial data or not ultimately depends on
the actual experimental data for those devices on which many smart engineers
are working. Unfortunately, the data clearly indicates that jitter is,
indeed, one of the dominant problems for multiple Gb/s I/Os, particularly
for those LOW-COST, HIGH VOLUME I/Os of PCIe, FB DIMM, and SATA. If you
spend some time reading those white papers that I referenced, I hope that
you will change your mind.

Mike