[SI-LIST] Re: Jitter measurement

  • From: Paul Levin <levinpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greg.e.inchauspe@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:24:30 -0700

Dear Greg,

Take a look at some of the application notes on the Wavecrest web site. They
make some terrific jitter measuring equipment and really understand the subject.
Also, you might want to take a look at some of the jitter documents created by
ANSI's T11 Fibre Channel Committee (www.t11.org).

Regards,

Paul
_________________

Inchauspe, Greg E wrote:
> I am trying to measure the jitter contributed by a card in my system.  The
> clock input on the card is driven by an Anritsu BERT generator.  My card
> under test sends the input clock to a simple two stage buffer without any
> PLL's.  I can measure the jitter on the clock out of the Anritsu and I can
> measure the jitter on the clock out port on my card with an Agilent 86100
> scope.  The question is: is it a simple subtraction process, (jitter out -
> jitter in = jitter contributed by my card) since the jitter has both
> deterministic and random components?
>
> Greg

> List archives are viewable at:

Paul Levin