[SI-LIST] Re: Inexpensive SI software

  • From: "Istvan Nagy" <buenos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dave Pollum" <david.pollum@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wolfgang.maichen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:09:53 -0000

Hi

" I don't have yet found any good, free tools that can do really complicated
3D structures like vias."
for the 3D:
try LC from Cray Inc.:  http://lc.cray.com/
and also fasthenry: http://www.fastfieldsolvers.com/

For power integity, we also have a few free options:
1. model planes in Sonnet Lite or Sphynx-Student, extract touchstone model.
2. put the touchstone models and lumped decoupling models into QUCS and run
AC simulation.
3. If you want ot see plane resonances in time domain, use MeFisto 3D nova.

regards,
Istvan Nagy