[SI-LIST] [Àüüȸ½Å] Impedance matching with CPW

  • From: kschoi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:53:41 +0900

Thanks a lot for your kind support...

I think I need to explain my problem in detail.

My problem is the impedance matching with CPW.
Input impedance is 50 ohm and the load impedance is R + jX at fixed
frequency.
In that case, what can I design CPW stub for the impedance matching.

For microstrip line, there are several methods in desiging the stub.
How about CPW?

Thanks

Kwang-Seong Choi

º¸³½»ç¶÷: Grossman, Brett[brett.grossman@xxxxxxxxx]
¹Þ´Â»ç¶÷: 'kschoi@xxxxxxxxxx'; si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Á¦¸ñ: RE: [SI-LIST] Impedance matching with CPW
¹ÞÀº³¯Â¥: 2003/02/25 È­ 02:52

Kwang-Seong,
The equations for CPW that I have seen require recursive calculations to
approximate solutions for the integrals used. A decent reference for these
is Waddell's Transmission Line Design Handbook. I incorporated this
approach
in a crude Excel macro, if you want I'll send you a copy offline.
For a decent approximation, thanks to this list, I was redirected to AppCAD
from Agilent, which is a free transmission line calculator (among other
things). Some recent postings can point you to the URL for this tool.
Other than that, ADS or HFSS among the many other ECAD tools provide an
opportunity for further analysis, but as you have mentioned there is a
learning curve.
Hopefully this helps to provide some answer to your questions.
-Brett