[SI-LIST] Impedance Matching in SPICE

  • From: "Taha Amiralli" <thamiral@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 10:55:39 -0400

Dear All,

Does anyone know of an effective method of mirroring  the impedance of
a particular node onto another node in the same spice file?

Specifically, I have a CMOS mosfet configuration and I would like to
ensure that the current passing through the PMOS and NMOS transistors
is at a certain maximum level by placing
a load at the source and the drain's of the PMOS and NMOS transistors
that is equal to the impedance that is currently being felt at another
node.

I gave the Z parameters (Z11 etc) a try but unfortunately, It did not
seem to work out. It would be really nice if there was someway of
saving a current/voltage/parameter and then being able to look up and
use values from that saved list during the simulation of another
circuit. This would also have the same end effect that I am trying to
achieve.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Sincerely,

-------------------
Taha Amiralli
thamiral [A] uwo [D] ca
thamiral [A] gmail [D] com

MESc Candidate 2007, Computer Engineering
The University Of Western Ontario

BESc, BSc. 2005,
Computer Engineering & Computer Science
The University Of Western Ontario