[SI-LIST] Re: Impact of Probe -TDR Measurement - reducing the parasitic inductance

  • From: Cosmin Iorga <ci249534@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: padma gundala <pgundala2001@xxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:05:55 -0700 (PDT)

Padma,
You may be able to reduce this "parasitic" loop inductance with some
modifications and physical compensation added to the contact structure of your
connector on your existing board.  A set of drawings or detailed pictures of
your current structure would help getting specific advice on what can be done.
If you consider fixing/compensating your current fixture to reduce this
parasitic inductance and you need some help send me drawings/pictures and TDR
waveforms and we can take it from there.

Cosmin Iorga, Ph.D.
NoiseCoupling.com
http://www.noisecoupling.com