[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS generation methodology of v3.2 Vs v4.2

  • From: Sudhanshu SINGH <sudhanshu.singh@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'Muranyi, Arpad'" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:02:26 +0530

Hello Arpad,

Many Thanks for your reply.

Could you please give your fedback for
"Is it technically correct to change only [IBIS Ver] and to keep other
tables same , while shifting to higher versions" .

 Full problem statement is as given below:

(1)
My simulation software vendor says that it supports only ibis-v4.2 and
higher specs.
 So, I changed "[IBIS Ver]   3.2"  to "[IBIS Ver]   4.2"
 in the ibis file (supporting ibis ver 3.2) of bidirectional buffer
generated by me .
 And tried to simulate it with the simulation software provided by my
vendor.

Is it technically incorrect to change only [IBIS Ver] and to keep other
tables same , while shifting to higher versions.

i.e.,are  ibis versions backward-compatible ?

(2)
Also this problem comes when I have different buffer in a library with
diferent ibis versions od v3.2, v4.2 and I put all of them in single library
with top ibis version of file as v4.2

Thanks and Regards,
Sudhanshu