[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS for DDR2 DIMM

  • From: "ariazi" <ariazi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:53:39 -0700

Dear Supratim,

Based on DDR simulations I have carried out using XTK, it is very =
helpful
(necessary) to obtain the board  (i.e. .brd) file of the DIMM together =
with
stackup information and DIMM's bill of material.

The nets which need to be simulated can then be examined for routing and
component types.

The models for passive components (such as capacitors or termination
resistors) can be readily constructed from knowledge of package type and
component values.  The models for the ICs (such as DDR SDRAMs, =
Registers,
PLLs,) can be obtained in IBIS format.

Knowing the board routing (plus stackup geometry) and the components on =
each
net, allows extraction/creation of topology, model and other files as
required for (hierarchical) DDR simulations.

Best Regards,

Abe Riazi
ServerWorks