[SI-LIST] IBIS Model monotonocity and ICX and ibischk

  • From: "Abhijit Mahajan" <amahajan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:35:15 -0800

In the document IBIS Ver 3.2, on page 35 it is stated that (line 1)
"The resulting difference table (after subtaction of both clamp
currents from pullup and pulldown curves) can demonstrate a
non-monotonic shape."

Since this is indeed the case with most of the models I am
generating, why does ICX complain about non-monotonicty?

Also why does ibischk complain about non-monotonicty?

What is the recommended course of action?

I would assume ICX would sum the currents and then make a determination
of the monotonocity.

Thanks for your help.

Abhijit.

Larry Barnes wrote:

> I agree with all of the preceding discussion.  Additionally BIRD 73.4 =
> was incorporated into IBIS 4.0.  This provides the functionality for =
> modeling pre-emphasis or fallback models.
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Lawrence C. Barnes
> Principal Signal Integrity Engineer
> QLogic Corporation