[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS

  • From: Chris Brewster <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: khalida@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:14:00 -0800

Khalid,

The spice2ibis process is set up for buffers with a single pin, it really
does not support LVDS buffers.  There are ways of using the spice2ibis
process to extract lvds buffers, but it only works if the buffer is
relatively simple, no pre-emphasis or internal termination.  Otherwise, you
will have to extract the data manually by running SPICE simulations in much
the same way a tester would extract the data from silicon..

Both XTK and Specctraquest/SigXP import IBIS models into native formats
which can be used for simulation, and it is pretty easy....

For Specctraquest/SigXP, RLGC data can be copied directly into transmission
line, connector, package, or other types of interconnect models for use in
simulation.  However, it is not straight forward and you may have to
contact Cadence tech support for help on this...

regards

Chris Brewster
Signal Integrity Engineer.
Siqual Inc.
18735 SW Boones Ferry Road
Tualatin, OR 97062
(503) 885-1231
(503) 885-1231 fax
www.siqual.com

At 10:42 AM 12/13/2001 -0800, Khalid Ansari wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am faced with the challenge of creating IBIS models for
>some TTL I/Os and LVDS I/Os, IBIS is something new to
>me.  I have already created the HSPICE model for the
>LVDS I/Os so what I will do is use the spice2ibis to
>convert the HSPICE model to IBIS.   From what I have
>heard in the past, there is some issue with this, what
>exactly is that?
>
>The TTL I/Os I will go ahead and create the models but
>to verify the models I will need some platform to do that.
>I have XTK and SpectraQuest in the company which I
>haven't used.  Can the simulations be run on any of these
>tools?  Sorry for my ignorance on this.
>
>Also for connector and transmission line models I had
>used 3D and 2D field solvers to extract the RLGC parameters
>and create the HSPICE models.  How is this done when
>using IBIS?
>
>Once again, sorry for my ignorance with IBIS models.
>
>Khalid

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help:
>
>List archives are viewable at: