[SI-LIST] Re: I have a question related package parasiticextraction

  • From: "Patrick Zilaro" <pzilaro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edpc108@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:19:27 -0800

I believe that the telegrapher's equation is fine assuming that the line =
is
long enough that the "ends" of the line do not through off the calculatio=
n.
The point I was trying to make is the following:

1) If you divide a structure and model it as two separate pieces,
        a. you need to consider the coupling between the two pieces
2) If you model the structure as one complete piece,
        a. this is already inherently included in the solution

Regards,

Patrick