[SI-LIST] Re: Hyperlynx for stackup design

  • From: "Bill Hargin \(In-Circuit Design\)" <b.hargin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 15:06:16 -0800

Hi Marc-Andre:

We have a tool that helps bridge the gap between what Pat's mentioning here
(using the right thicknesses and Dk's), HyperLynx, and your PCB tool.

A thread on the SI list just a couple of weeks ago discussed how difficult
it can be to find and track all of the material properties from different
vendors, and we've tried to make that easier by pulling that data into our
libraries.  When you're done planning your stackup (in our tool), you can
shoot the results to HyperLynx, if you like, for further analysis, and/or to
your PCB environment.  To your earlier question, it would give you two sets
of field solver results to compare, as well.

E-mail me offline if you want to give it a try.

Bill Hargin
In-Circuit Design, USA
Software & SI Simulation for High-Speed PCB Design
(425) 301-4425 • b.hargin@xxxxxxxxxx • Skype: bill.hargin
Online:  www.icd.com.au