[SI-LIST] Re: Hspice core dump

  • From: "Sweetman, Eric (Eric)" <esweetman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:10:46 -0400

Regarding David's comment,

One thing I've found that will freeze an HSPICE simulation faster than
liquid nitrogen is to run the simulation under any PATH whose directories or
filenames include spaces -- perfectly legal under WIn95 and later but not OK
with HSPICE which carries it's UNIX heritage with it in varied and confusing
ways.

For example:

D:\simulations\HSpice\projectA\testrun.sp  is OK

D:\My Simulations\HSpice\projectA\testrun.sp  is NOT!

Eric Sweetman

------  ORIGINAL MESSAGE FROM David Haedge <haedge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> -------

Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:09:41 -0500
From: David Haedge <haedge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: Hspice core dump

SIers,

I have experienced similar problems in the past with the
^M phenomenon in HSPICE.  On occasion, HSPICE would
just stay in a perpetual funk.  No error messages, no output,
no notification of progress finding a solution, just complete
non-response.  I always had to kill the process to get
HSPICE to exit.  I always traced the problem to a DOS formatted
model file trying to be read into the main HSPICE deck.
I had to "dos2unix' every model file being read and now do this
as a matter of course before running any newly acquired model
files.  It only takes one ^M to shut everything down.

David Haedge
Raytheon

Eric Sweetman

Mailing address:                             Shipping address:
Lucent Technologies Bell Labs        Rm. 2-3017
PO Box 900                                        Lucent Technologies Bell
Labs
Princeton, NJ 08542-0900                569 Carter Road
                                                            Hopewell, NJ
08525
Phone: (609)639-2447
FAX:     (609)639-2447