[SI-LIST] Hspice T-elements in AC sweep?

  • From: "Fasig, Jonathan L." <fasig.jonathan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:04:03 -0600

Does anyone have knowledge of any problems regarding the use of very short
lossless T-element transmission lines in an AC sweep simulation at low
frequencies (<1 KHz)?  I have a sim where I cascaded several 1.6pS
T-elements with a terminator at the end and I compute the effective
impedance of the network using .NET and .AC statements, but at subaudio
frequencies the computed magnitude of the impedance does not converge to the
value of the terminator as expected.  In fact, the impedance is flat below
10 KHz.  Any thoughts?

Regards,
jf

List technical documents are available at: