[SI-LIST] Re: How to select the pullup/pulldwon resistor

  • From: "Ross Wellington" <welling01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bmgman@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 21:03:32 -0700

One other location where you might see a pull-up is in the output of a
comparator (like an LM339). This is usually an open collector or open drain
situation.

The pull-up selection will be optimized for capacitance drive and required
edge rate for operation. In this case, it may be 200 to 510 Ohms for faster
edge rates or 4.7K to 100K for slower requirements or timing.

Ross