[SI-LIST] Re: How to get Intel IBIS models

  • From: "Kai Keskinen" <kalevi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Aubrey_Sparkman@xxxxxxxx>, <joel@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:28:23 -0400

One reason IBIS models and data sheets are provided under NDA is that when
you get the IBIS model and data sheet, you have the pinout of the device.
This prevents the competion from making a footprint compatible device since,
if they did, they would have been violating an NDA and are then vulnerable
to legal actions.