[SI-LIST] Re: Gigabit traces on Backplane

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "steve weir" <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, jain.nitin@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:58:58 -0800

I would wonder why your antipads are so large.  If there is room to run a
trace between pins, there is room to have a plane web underneath the
traces.  The impedance of the trace will certainly go up in this area and
if there are several sets of pads in a row, you will see an impedance
increase.

Lee W. Ritchey
Speeding Edge
P. O. Box 2194
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
Phone- 707-568-3983
FAX-    707-568-3504

I just used the energy it took to be angry to write some blues.
Count Basie

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org