[SI-LIST] Fwd: Re: Re: SDRAM Routing Topology - Follow Up

  • From: Kevin K <khai77069@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "Moran, Brian P" <brian.p.moran@xxxxxxxxx>, weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 19:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

By the way, I've tried daisy-chain routing on my
board.  The longest address trace is 7.7 inches and
the longest data trace is 5.5 inches.  They are long
and that's when I started thinking about T topology.
Thank you,
Kevin

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:54:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kevin K <khai77069@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [SI-LIST] Re: SDRAM Routing Topology - Follow Up
To: Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "Moran, Brian P" <brian.p.moran@xxxxxxxxx>,
    weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris,
Yes, I'm working on a PPC405EP based design that uses
four SDR SDRAM's running at 133MHz.
The clocks and DQM signals are T routed.  My question
is which topology I should use for Addr/Control and DQ
signals?
You're correct.  There're no DQS signals for SDR.
Does this mean DQ signals in SDR need to match length
with DQM signals???
I have done a few designs with DDR and DDR2 DIMM
sockets on the motherboard, but have not worked with
PPC and SDRAM on motherboard.  Therefore, I'm not very
familiar with PPC and SDRAM.  I would like to get
advices from designers who have used PPC or had
experiences with SDRAM on motherboard.
So far, I have received mixed responses.  Some
engineers suggest T topology; others are against it.

Regards,
Kevin

=== message truncated ===

List FAQ wiki page is located at: