[SI-LIST] [Fwd: Re: Re: Reducing SSO noise in an FPGA]

  • From: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "silist" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:41:35 -0700

Hi, Scott,

We have been working with a big ASIC design company on IO-SSO problem.
You are quite right - in order to perform an accurate IO SSO analysis,
we need both on-chip P/G network, and the package data. We use our
extraction tool to extract the on-chip P/G network, and the package is a
166-port S-parameter network model, the whole netlist has roughly 2.5
million RCLs, plus 50K mosfet transistors, and the big S-parameter
network - all together to simulate more than 300 I/O SSO, and the result
shows big vdd-drop, ground bounce, and huge current peaks. It's quite
amazing to see all those effects, and running the simulation just on a
Linux desktop.

Regards,

Yu
===