[SI-LIST] Re: Ferrite bead question - Downloadable presentation

  • From: "Grasso, Charles" <Charles.Grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ray Anderson" <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:49:33 -0600

Good observation Ray. Thanks!

Best Regards
Charles Grasso
Senior Compliance Engineer
Echostar Communications Corp.
Tel: 303-706-5467
Fax: 303-799-6222
Cell: 303-204-2974
Pager/Short Message: 3032042974@xxxxxxxx
Email: charles.grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx;
Email Alternate: chasgrasso@xxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Anderson [mailto:ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:04 AM
To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Hassan O. Ali; steve weir; leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Grasso,
Charles; Ray Anderson
Subject: RE: [SI-LIST] Ferrite bead question - Downloadable presentation

Charles-

Interesting presentation, however it appears that Dr. Hill is addressing
the ferrite use topic almost solely from the EMI/EMC perspective and
doesn't even touch on the ugly impedance peaking resonance issues that
can ensue when the ferrite filter is driven from a low impedance source
into a moderate impedance load without taking appropriate measures to
damp that resonance.

Regards,

-Ray

Raymond Anderson