[SI-LIST] FW: Re: HIGH DC Current on GND Plane

  • From: "Shimko, Steven R." <s.shimko@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:09:00 -0400

Eddy-

I am working on a low voltage (1.5V) system that needs to distribute
over 100 amps of current across 4 backplanes with less then 1% loss.  I
am not the power system designer, but I have high speed digital signals
that need to go over those same backplanes, so am familiar with the
issues.  The most recent configuration for the PWB is a 30+ layer
stackup with several 4 oz copper layers.  So it can, and is done.  Just
takes copper!

Steve Shimko