[SI-LIST] Re: FW: Power plane / VCC plane as reference for differential

  • From: "Chris Chalmers" <cchalmers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:35:59 +0100

Senthill,

As steve says I think its a very bad idea. From your
 mail I think you are cutting the reference plane
 between the pairs in order to stop the uturn and
 the return current loop from radiating.  Bad news
 it will get worse.  The return current will find another
 way home (the path of least inductance). The path maybe
longer and contain more parastics (capacitor inductance).
Its bad enough having a void.  Its worse making two to fix
 one.

Chris