[SI-LIST] FW: Designing a high speed test fixture.

  • From: Richard Jungert <r_jungert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si list freelist <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:04:40 -0700

From: r_jungert@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: pgundala2001@xxxxxxxxx; si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [SI-LIST] Designing a high speed test fixture.
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 18:20:54 -0700

Padma.

I would recommend doing this with HP VEE program and switch your
signals with a bank of RF relays. The RF relays can be controlled thru
the USB port on your computer with control board connected to each relay.  We
did this for a cable company a few
years ago and the system worked nice but was not cheap by no means.
Our test system controlled/switched and tested 65 channels and recorded
the results from TEK TDR test unit in a text/spreadsheet.  It only
takes a few milliseconds to run each test.

The TEK unit puts out a list of impedances from each test and can be recorded
for each cable/connector channel.

OH BTW.. Plan on spending between 10K to 30K on the project.  On this
type of thing one has to be up front on the cost of the project.

Richard Jungert

160 Board Designs

23 years in industry

2 us patents

> Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:09:52 -0700
> From: pgundala2001@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [SI-LIST] Designing a high speed test fixture.
> To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm designing a test fixture which will be used to test a high speed
> mezzanine connector for signal integrity characteristics.
> Just wondering if anyone has come across a good technical article/info  on
> designing test fixtures .
>
> Thanks
> Padma

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don?t worry about storage limits. Check it
out.
Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don?t worry about storage limits. Check it
out.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: