[SI-LIST] Re: FPC Cable Max Bus Frequency

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ranjith <hw_si@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:00:26 -0700

You need to look at:

Timing requirements
Rise time
Termination scheme
Channel length
Cable length
Impedance at the connector transitions
Impedance in the cable
Signal assignments / Return path

At 10ns / bit if the channel isn't very long it could be that even
garbage will work OK.  Going through 1m cable would be another matter.

Steve
ranjith wrote:
> Dear Experts,
> We are plannng to use FPC (Flex Cable) for external local bus signals
> (Adddress, 16-bit Data and Control signals) (Maximum 104MHz) from
> board-to-board.
> The FPC mating Connector pin-to-pin pitch is 0.3 mm.
>
> FPC cable contact pin is gold plated and Flex cable trace width is 0.2 mm and
> trace-to-trace spacing (Air gap)is 0.1 mm. Maximum cable length is 5 cm ( 2
> inch).
>
> Is this recommned to run parallel bus (104Mhz) lines using this FPC cable?
> Will it create any cross talk and signal integrity issues?
>
> And what is the Maximum and Minimum bus frequency we can use in FPC cables
> (Max length 2 inch)?
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Thanks
> Ranjith

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
150 N. Center St. #211
Reno, NV 89501
(866) 675-4630 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax
http://www.ipblox.com
A Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC Partner

Teraspeed Consulting Group
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Teraspeed Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane
Beaverton, OR 97008
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax
A Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC Partner

http://www.teraspeed.com

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
IPBLOX LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: