[SI-LIST] Re: Even/Odd mode general case

  • From: Peter.Pupalaikis@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 14:50:15 -0500

Hi Tom:

Your comment brought back a memory from school back when we were still
taughtabout power systems.

I believe the "modes" you are referring to for three-phase systems are
called"symmetrical components". See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetrical_components[1]

In this method, a three-phase unbalanced system is expressed as the sum of
three sets of balanced phasors.

This was used mostly to understand the behavior of a three-phase system
underfault conditions as certain "modes" do not propagate through various
transformer configurations (the combinations of deltas and wyes).

Pete

"Tom Dagostino" ---02/09/2012 02:27:22 PM---I would imagine that for
multi-phase power delivery this issue has been defined. Consider common 3

[IMG]
From:[IMG]
"Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [IMG]
To:[IMG]
"'Beal, Weston'" <Weston_Beal@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Doug Brooks'"
<dbrooks9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, [IMG]
Date:[IMG]
02/09/2012 02:27 PM [IMG]
Subject:[IMG]
[SI-LIST] Re: Even/Odd mode general case [IMG]
Sent by:[IMG]
si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would imagine that for multi-phase power delivery this issue has been
defined.  Consider common 3 phase systems used throughout the world.
Depending on what is happening along the delivery system the currents can
become unbalanced and the modes change.

Tom Dagostino

Teraspeed Labs
9999 SW Wilshire St.