[SI-LIST] Re: Ethernet Magnetic Jacks

  • From: mmunroe <mmunroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 02:26:16 -0500

Regarding, the capacitor, our technical support, Jeff Heaton wrote:

1.  If the customer has the ability to add an embedded capacitor in the
layers of his board, this is the best lowest cost solution.  Then we can
save the expense of adding the capacitor inside of the connector.  We (HA=
LO
and ERNI) have a solution designed specifically for this application, HAL=
part number HFJ11-S050E.  =

2.  If the customer does use one of our many solutions with the built in
2KV 1000pF capacitors there should be no reason to add an additional
isolation cap on the board.

I hope that this answers the question.

Best Regards,

JEff
Phone: 650.903.3800
Fax:  650.903.9300
 HALO Electronics, Inc, =

 "Providing Next Generation Magnetic Solutions Today"

michael munroe        =

The ERNI Group      =

Chester, VA           =

804-240-7188 cell
mmunroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx =

www.erni.com
www.teamZD.com

From:   INTERNET:youssefk@xxxxxxxxxx, INTERNET:youssefk@xxxxxxxxxx
To:     [unknown], INTERNET:si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   1/17/103  7:59 PM
RE:     [SI-LIST] Ethernet Magnetic Jacks
 =

Hi everyone,
With the advent of the integrated 10/100 magnetic jacks (RJ45) is there a=
 =

need to add an external plane capacitor with their 'built in'  1nF 2KV =

cap.  As we all know discrete capacitors are lousy at high frequency, due=
 =

to lead inductance.  Will there be either any beneficial or negative EMI =

impacts?

Does anyone have clear answer regarding this issue for a low noise system=
?

Thank you
Youssef K
Design engineer